UL´s comprehensive services include certification of personnel, products, facilities, processes and systems to applicable standards and requirements. We can help you identify and close regulatory gaps, confirm compliance and maintain your certifications through UL Follow-Up Services. We can help you sustain best practices across your organization and value network.
As the global safety science leader, we are uniquely able to evaluate your operation's adherence to applicable safety regulations and standards. We can review plans, perform on-site evaluations to verify compliance with installation codes, conduct vital checks for critical safety issues, and assess the performance of building products and components. Our facility certifications offerings include digital security services, food safety and supplier audits, as well as medical equipment and device testing.
UL Data Center Certification Program
The UL Data Center Certification Program provides services for the full spectrum of data center consumers — from small, public cloud users to large Fortune 1000 entities with diverse hybrid IT implementations.
The program incorporates six critical components that can be attributable to data center outages. Specific features include:
- Concurrent maintainability A/MEP/Network
Healthcare Product and Facility Certification
Our experts are experienced in testing and certifying healthcare products and facilities. This industrywide knowledge allows us to take a rigorous look at your healthcare safety needs and properly evaluate your operations.
Our offerings include:
- Certifications to help you meet international regulations and standards and avoid go-to-market delays
- The UL Cybersecurity Assurance Program (UL CAP) and UL Data Acceptance Program (DAP) are comprehensive programs that can streamline the evaluation process and help increase speed to market
- Network and connectivity evaluations and certifications to increase confidence in your systems’ abilities and securities
Lightning Protection Solutions
UL’s Lightning Protection Solutions include professional inspections of lightning protection systems as well as educational services like our UL Lightning Protection Professional Certifications. These offerings are focused on providing you with the critical knowledge and safety skills needed in the lightning protection industry.
Our personnel certification helps to empower practitioners with the real-world qualifications needed to perform their work safely and effectively, based on an industry accepted and standardized set of skills that companies and consumers can trust.
Personnel Competency for Explosive Atmospheres
You can rely on UL as your full-service provider for the accreditation of the following competence units for the IECEx international Personnel Certification:
- Unit Ex 000: Basic knowledge necessary to safely enter a facility containing hazardous locations
- Unit Ex 001: Application of basic safety principles in explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 003: Installation of equipment with “Ex” protection types and respective wiring systems
- Unit Ex 004: Equipment maintenance in explosive atmospheres (new unit)
- Unit Ex 006: Testing of electrical equipment and installations in, or associated with, explosive atmospheres (new unit)
- Unit Ex 007: Accurate visual inspections of equipment and installations in, or associated with, explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 008: Performing detailed inspections of equipment or electrical installations in, or associated with, explosive atmospheres
*Note: All scopes initially depend on the realization of theoretical tests and subsequent approval at the Competence unit Ex 001.
UL follows the parameters and specifications described in the IECEx OD504 Operational Document, with respect to the standards on equipment applied in Hazardous Locations (IECEx System) and the requirements for professionals working with these types of equipment.
Process and Systems Certification
With UL´s Process Audits and Supplier Solutions you can increase transparency in your supply chain, discover and mitigate risks in the manufacturing process and improve your management systems across the board.
- ISO 27001 - Information Security Management*
- ISO 9001 - Quality Management*
- ISO 13485 - Medical Devices
- ISO 14001 - Environmental Management System (EMS)*
- ISO 18001/45001 - Occupational Health and Safety*
- ISO 22301 - Business Continuity Management
- AS9100 and AS9120 - Aviation, Space and Defense*
*UL does not provide management system certifications to certain standards. Assessment and certification to these standards are provided through UL affiliated and other companies.
Our certifications demonstrate that your product meets the applicable requirements. Bring your products to market more efficiently and clearly differentiate them on crowded shelves with certification from the global safety science leader.