November 23, 2020
To support more organizations in the process of obtaining the IECEx (International Electrotechnical Commission System for Certification to Standards Relating to Equipment for Use in Explosive Atmospheres) Certification of Personnel Competence (CoPC), UL has expanded its scope with new Competence units Ex 004 and Ex 006, in addition to in-company service.
Since 2016, UL has been accredited by IECEx as a Personnel Competence Certification Body and performed all exams in Portuguese and Spanish. You can rely on UL as your full-service provider for the accreditation of the following competence units for the IECEx international Personnel Certification:
- Unit Ex 000: Basic knowledge necessary to safely enter a facility containing hazardous locations
- Unit Ex 001: Application of basic safety principles in explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 003: Installation of equipment with “Ex” protection types and respective wiring systems
- Unit Ex 004: Equipment maintenance in explosive atmospheres (new unit)
- Unit Ex 006: Testing of electrical equipment and installations in, or associated with, explosive atmospheres (new unit)
- Unit Ex 007: Accurate visual inspections of equipment and installations in, or associated with, explosive atmospheres
- Unit Ex 008: Performing detailed inspections of equipment or electrical installations in, or associated with, explosive atmospheres
*Note: All scopes initially depend on the realization of theoretical tests and subsequent approval at the Competence unit Ex 001.
UL follows the parameters and specifications described in the IECEx OD504 Operational Document, with respect to the standards on equipment applied in Hazardous Locations (IECEx System) and the requirements for professionals working with these types of equipment.
Benefits of in-company certification
UL now offers in-company certification services for all the competencies described above, which represents cost reduction and greater agility for your company. You can count with the help of our experts for the Certification of Personnel Competence onsite. They will help you with your theoretical and practical assessments according to the necessary requirements.
UL is the only accredited company in Latin America capable of carrying out in-company certification. Recently, we certified our first group of six professionals from Lifting do Brasil, a company specialized in repairs, maintenance and installation of electrical and automation equipment.
Rely on UL as your full-service provider
Get an international qualification for your professionals through a company with over 100 years of experience in Hazardous Locations. If approved, your professionals will receive a certificate, which will be available on the IECEx global platform, in addition to receiving the Wallet ID card.
UL can help your employees to be part of the distinguished group of the most qualified professionals around the world.